The Catalyst Awards
The Arc, Ocean County Chapter honored 11 individuals at the 2019 Catalyst Awards held at the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center on June 5th. The Catalyst Awards recognized local area residents for their work in making a difference for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Ocean County. The 160 guests celebrated the night socializing during the cocktail hour, and gave standing ovation after standing ovation to the award recipients. Among the six Arc employees being honored, community partners such as the Brick Township Public Works, The MAX Challenge and Aquatherm Industries joined in the celebrations.
The night began with Laura Williams, Executive Director of The Arc, Ocean County, welcoming everyone to one of her favorite nights of the year. Ruth Churchill, President of the Arc, Ocean County Board, spoke about how honored she was to attend such an incredible night. Tom Buffuto, Executive Director of The Arc, New Jersey exclaimed his excitement as the Ocean County chapter is growing to be the second largest chapter in New Jersey. The Arc, Ocean County would like to congratulate the award recipients, and thank them for their drive and passion.
Check out our Facebook page for all of the pictures.
Congratulations to the 2019 Catalyst Award Winners!
- Employee of The Year: Lisa Anderson
- Employee of The Year: John McKeon
- Employee of The Year: Julie Polizzi
- Employee of The Year (Part-Time): Jennifer Kogut
- Employee of The Year (Part-Time): Elizabeth Hand
- Newcomer of The Year: Helen Centrella
- Distinguished Community Partner: The Max Challenge
- Distinguished Community Service: Aquatherm
- Healthcare Professional of the Year (Medical/Dental): Dr. Erik Rudorfer
- Employer of the Year: Ken Mathis, Brick Township
- Bill Sackter Citizenship Award: Kathryn Plentus