Recreation Events Important Info
We're hosting in-person Recreation for 2023! The Arc's bowling leagues, Saturday Recreation, and SMILES community trips are posted. Please review the important information below before submitting the Recreation Order Form.
*Updated cancellation/no-call, no-show policy: Please be advised that, if you have signed up for a date, please let Lauren Sarno know ASAP (by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org) if you cannot attend. Emergency day-of cancellations can be made in the same fashion (email@example.com). If a person cancels/no call-no shows 3 times within a quarter, that person will be suspended from attending for the rest of the quarter and will be able to sign up again the following quarter.
- Location: Drop off/pick up is at 150 Oberlin Ave, Lakewood, NJ, 08701, unless otherwise noted in the activity’s description.
- Time: Please remember to be on time for drop off/pick up. Participants should be brought into the building by family/staff to ensure all pertinent information is exchanged.
- Early/Late Arrivals Back (Returns): In the event we will be either more than 30 minutes late or early returning to the building from an activity, we will contact you with an updated time.
- COVID/Masking Policy: Masking for recreational activities is strongly encouraged but no longer mandatory for both indoor and outdoor activities. If feeling ill, please stay home. If any participant tests positive for COVID-19, please notify Lauren Sarno via email immediately.
- Financial Policy: Should an individual want to bring personal money for snacks and souvenirs, please notify the staff, as staff can hold onto personal funds if necessary.
- Medication Policy: Anyone who requires medications to be administered during recreational events must email Lauren.Sarno@arcocean.org with a medication list and prescriptions for those medications 7 days prior to scheduled activity. All prescriptions must be updated within the year and must match exactly what is written on the original medication container/bottle. All medications for administration must be kept in original containers and not prepackaged medication pockets/envelopes. Unfortunately, if the prescription, medication container and pre-written MAR don’t match or if there are questions that cannot be answered by the start of the trip, we will not be able to administer the medications to the individual.
- Cancellations: Please be advised that, if you have signed up for a date, please let Lauren Sarno know ASAP (by emailing Lauren.Sarno@arcocean.org) if you cannot attend. Emergency day-of cancellations can be made in the same fashion (Lauren.Sarno@arcocean.org). If a person cancels/no call-no shows 3 times within a quarter, that person will be suspended from attending for the rest of the quarter and will be able to sign up again the following quarter.
- DDD Budgets: For individuals using their DDD budgets to pay for activities, we must have an updated ISP plan sent through our Medicaid mailbox (Medicaid@arcocean.org) with the units for the activity prior to signing up for the activity.
Any questions, concerns, or requests for more information please contact Lauren Sarno, Assistant Director, at (732) 363-3335 x3146 or by email.
Recreation Events Descriptions
Come and enjoy our Saturday Recreation program! We do in facility activities such as crafts, bingo and games to begin our day and, more often than not, we do a community activity such as attending local fairs, parks, zoos and other community events. Our Saturday recreation program utilizes respite, community inclusion and transportation units. Each week’s usage of these units differs based upon each day’s unique (and fun!) schedule. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
Arts and Crafts Club
Each month we will have a themed craft to complete. Make something special for either yourself or someone you love.
Tuesday Night Social: Bingo
Enjoy time with friends, playing bingo and winning prizes!