YES, we’re still in quarantine and staying indoors. I would like to talk about fun activities you can do indoors and stay safe without going out in public.
Even though we’re stuck inside, it doesn’t mean you have to sit around like Homer Simpson eating chips and cookies all day. That just makes you fat and tired.
You have so many options to stay healthy at home and have a balanced diet that will fuel your body and give you energy.
- Maintaining a balanced diet - eating a wide variety of vegetables and protein including eggs, nuts, lean meats and beans
- Join a zoom class for example tai chi or Zumba
- Find an exercise class or meditation class on YouTube
- Go for a walk in the neighborhood (with mask at all times)
- Get some fresh hair and some sunlight
Jennifer is self advocate and guest blogger for The Arc Ocean County Chapter. She is a resident of Ocean County who participates in virtual vocational and recreation services. You can follow Jenn on her blog “My life at Cornerstone.”